Treatment options may include:
- Activity changes
- Brace or splint
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflamatory drugs
- Steroid Injections
- Limited range of motion
- Pain or tingling
- Occasional shock like sensations
- Weakness or clumsiness in the hand
DIAGNOSIS / TESTS
Diagnostic tests include:
- Electrophysiological tests
- Imaging tests (X-rays, Ultrasound, MRI)
- Physicial Exam
Causes & contributing factors may include:
- Hand and wrist position
- Health conditions
- Repetitive hand use
- Common and painful condition that affects millions of people each year.
- If left untreated, it can lead to permanent damage to thumb muscles.
- It does not always require surgery.
- Preventative measures include losing weight.