Treatment options may include:
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Ice or heat compress
- Over-the-counter pain medications
- Physical Therapy
- Resistance training
- Rheumatoid arthritis medications
- Total hip replacement (arthroplasty)
Speak with your specialist about the most appropriate form of hips pain treatment.
- Discomfort in buttocks, groin, thigh, inside the hip joint, or outside the hip joint
- Difficulty sleeping on the hip
- Pain radiating from other areas of the body (back or groin)
- Reduced range of hip motion
- Swelling over the hip
- Tenderness of the hip
DIAGNOSIS / TESTS
Diagnostic tests include:
- Bone scan
- MRI scan
- Personal history
- Physical examination
Causes & contributing factors may include:
- Avascular necrosis (also called osteonecrosis)
- Hip fractures
- Hip labral tear
- Muscle or tendon strain
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- The hip joint is the largest ball-and-socket joint in the body.
- Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis are some of the most common causes of hip pain.
- Hip pain management is perfectly possible to make an appointment with a hip pain specialist to formulate an effective plan of treatment.
Click here to add your own text