Treatment options may include:
- Antiviral medications
- Capsaicin cream
- CorticosteroidsNerve block injections
- Deep breathing
- Massage therapy
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Shingles medications
- Abdominal pain
- Breathing problems
- Chest issues (cramping, pain, pressure, tightness, tearing sensation)
- Chest pressure, cramping, tightness, or a tearing sensation in the chest
- Coughing up greenish phlegm
- Heart palpitations
- Limited movement of shoulders or back
- Pain in arm, back, or shoulder
- Rib pain
- Sudden confusion, dizziness, loss of consciousness
- Pain described as:
- Spasm -like
DIAGNOSIS / TESTS
Diagnostic tests include:
- CT scan
- MRI scan
- Physical exam
Causes & contributing factors may include:
- Chest injury
- Nerve degeneration
- Neuritis (nerve inflammation)
- Rib injury or infection
- Strained muscle in the chest area
- The cause of pain from intercostal neuralgia is often known.
- People of any age can have intercostal neuralgia.
- Intercostal neuralgia is more common in older people.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TODAY!
Contact our office to schedule an appointment.
Site Development and Marketing by: ReignDigital.Marketing